1. Can my type of browser, operating software or PC set up cause problems when I am trying to access 'My Account'?
Yes it can if you are using an older version of a browser. You may experience problems accessing the M&G site. To overcome these problems (and increase your browser security) it is usually best to download the latest version of the browser software. To upgrade your browser settings you will need to visit the relevant website. The most popular one, which is fully supported by this website, is Microsoft - Internet Explorer (IE). To download the latest version visit the following url: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads
You may also experience difficulties if:
- You are using anti-virus software, as some programs can cause problems with pop-up windows.
- You are using the Windows XP operating system, as there is a bug with some installs of IE and Windows XP that is not specific to our site. There is a useful article on the Microsoft site that explains the symptoms and how to resolve them. We suggest you contact Microsoft directly should this problem recur.
2. I have been prompted to have my cookies enabled. Why is this?
We use non-persistent, per-session cookies to strengthen security and maintain the session between you and our system. Our cookies do not hold any personal information about you and are only stored on your computer hard drive whilst you visit our secure site (known as an 'active session'). They are removed as soon as the active session has ended. You should view your browser security settings to check that these are configured to accept per-session cookies otherwise you may experience problems.
3. If I have a problem using the site and need to contact you via email or your Website Helpline what information should I provide?
To help us identify and solve the problem as quickly as possible it’s important that you provide us with as much of the following information as possible:
- browser (and version) – eg Internet Explorer 8.0 or Safari 5.0;
- operating system – eg Windows 7/XP/Vista, or Mac OS X Tiger/Snow Leopard;
- computer set up – eg PC or Mac;
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) – eg BT, AOL, Sky, Orange etc.;
- the action you were trying to complete at the time;
- any error message or number as displayed when you roll your mouse over the error icon (the yellow triangle containing an exclamation mark).
Please do not include any sensitive information (eg password or account number) as emails are not considered secure.
Please note that if you do not have Internet Explorer version 6 or above, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use the M&G website.
4. I keep closing myself out of the system. What am I doing wrong?
Many of the 'My Account' screens open as new pop-up windows. When closing them it is relatively easy to close the main screen too. Take care to close only the pop-up window to avoid closing yourself out of the system.
5. I am getting a message that the "system is currently unavailable" or that "the server is down". What should I do?
If we have not posted a message on the homepage of the M&G website advising you of this then please try again later or contact us via email on email@example.com or call our Website Helpline on 0800 316 6570
6. Is there anything I can do to ensure maximum performance of your website?
We recommend you use:
- a minimum of 56kbps internet connection; and
- Internet Explorer browser version 6 or above with 128 bit encryption.
If you have all of the above and are still experiencing problems then please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Website Helpline on 0800 316 6570
7. The 'tip' box is covering important text on the screen. What can I do?
- You can minimise the 'tip' box by clicking on the 'dash' box in the right hand corner of the box itself.
- You can move the 'tip' box by clicking the left button on your mouse whilst hovering over the blue band at the top of the box. Drag the box to a more convenient place and release the mouse button.
- You can close the 'tip' box by clicking on the cross in the right hand corner of the box itself. Once it is closed you will not be able to retrieve it.