What are the features of this fund?
- The fund seeks to outperform its peers with around half the volatility of equities
- It uses the Episode investment process and has the flexibility to invest globally across all major asset classes. This may include the use of derivatives
- The fund managers actively use the fund’s flexibility to vary the amount held in equities, fixed interest instruments, currencies and cash in response to market movements
- There is an emphasis on combining diversified and relatively uncorrelated assets – ie assets which are affected by market conditions in different ways. This helps to ensure that investment risk is controlled
The value of investments will fluctuate, which will cause fund prices to fall as well as rise and you may not get back the original amount you invested.
Who might consider investing in this fund?
Investors should only consider investing in this fund if they:
- understand the fund’s distinctive investment strategy, including the use of derivatives
- are prepared to take risk with their capital
Who should not consider an investment in this fund?
The fund is not suitable for investors who:
- do not fully understand the fund’s investment strategy and the risks associated with this strategy
- do not wish to put their capital at risk
- do not wish to invest in a fund that uses derivatives
- expect a positive total return every month
- seek an income
- require a set asset allocation or exposure to a specific geographic region, currency or asset class