The UK real estate market is one of the most mature, liquid and diverse in the world. For investors, that translates into the potential to generate a high, stable income stream and capital growth over the long run. We believe this long-term potential remains intact despite any potential short-term market volatility as a result of the UK vote to leave the European Union (EU).
Top five trends in UK real estate:
- UK real estate continues to look attractive relative to government bonds (and, indeed, has become even more so due to recent falls in yields and expectations that interest rates will stay low for even longer)
- Any dislocations in the market following the EU referendum could present attractive investment opportunities for institutions with a long time horizon
- Central London offices likely to be the most negatively impacted by Brexit, while other segments should prove more resilient
- A broad portfolio, well-diversified across sectors and locations should help weather any headwinds
- Sterling weakness likely to support foreign investor appetite for UK real estate
Read the latest paper from M&G Real Estate’s research team to find out more about the outlook for UK property market post the referendum vote.
By investing with M&G Real Estate, you can benefit from our scale, resource and 150 years of UK investment experience to generate strong returns over the long term. We offer access to all sectors of the UK market through our open-ended strategies, segregated accounts and partnerships.
Investment properties required
We actively seek new investment opportunities across both UK and international markets. Our requirements list is updated monthly.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for important information in relation to all property introductions.