M&G Equities has a conviction-led and long-term approach to investing. The team is driven by a fundamental belief that we can generate outstanding performance through active, unconstrained management. The index is not our primary concern. We believe that the stock market is often wrong and that its tendency to be swayed by short-term noise creates opportunities for long-term investors. Experience tells us that company fundamentals drive share prices over the long run, not the vagaries of economic cycles or the fickleness of market sentiment.
Consequently, we focus on what really matters for equities: the understanding of companies and their valuation in the stock market. This is our area of expertise.
We believe in:
- Active, unconstrained investment
- Bottom-up stock selection
- A long-term investment horizon
- Independent thinking
- Consistent application of our investment strategies
- Responsible investment, ESG and stewardship
We don't believe in:
- Closet indexing
- Short-term trading strategies
- Changing our investment approach if it goes out of fashion
- Management by committee
- Following market consensus
- A laissez-faire approach to governance