An ISA is a tax-efficient investment vehicle. Within your client’s ISA they can hold different asset classes such as bonds, equities, Innovative Finance and cash. The ISA protects the items inside it from income tax and capital gains tax.
For 6 April 2017 to 5 April 2018 tax year the maximum your clients can invest in their ISA is £20,000.
Please note that The M&G ISA is a stocks and shares ISA and due to our focus on long-term investing The M&G ISA is not a Flexible ISA.
Please note that any losses made in an ISA cannot be used to offset gains elsewhere. Your clients can subscribe to an ISA if they are:
- aged 18 or over
- resident and ordinarily resident in the UK for tax purposes
Only income shares are available for the majority of funds offered within The M&G ISA. Income shares entitle the holder to be paid the income attributed to those shares on the payment date. This is usually paid twice a year but may be paid annually, quarterly or monthly depending on the fund. This income can be reinvested in further shares of the same fund if you so choose.
The entire range of M&G OEICs is available in The M&G ISA.
The following share classes are currently available for investment in the majority of our funds within The M&G ISA. This allows your client to choose the share class that best suits their investment needs.
- Sterling Class A Shares: May carry an entry charge and no exit charge. However, M&G have now discounted the entry charge to zero (0%) on all new investments in Sterling A shares.
- Sterling Class X Shares: Do not carry an entry charge and exit charges have been waived on all future withdrawals from Sterling Class X Shares.
- Sterling Class R Shares Carry an entry charge and no exit charge. However, M&G have now discounted the entry charge to zero (0%) on all new investments in Sterling R shares. Please note commission is not payable on this Share Class.
- Sterling Class R-H, A-H and S-H Shares carry an entry charge and no exit charge. However, M&G have now discounted the entry charge to zero (0%) on all new investments in Sterling Class R-H, A-H and S-H Shares Classes. We have launched hedged Sterling share classes for our UK investors for those funds whose base currency is not Sterling. For information about hedged share classes and the base currency of M&G funds, please refer to the relevant KIID and Prospectus, or contact our Customer Relations team.
The table below shows the minimum investment limits within The M&G ISA. Please note that at present, M&G offers the stocks and shares ISA only.
|Minimum investment limits
|Minimum lump sum
|Minimum monthly amount
|Minimum additional lump sum
|Minimum additional monthly amount