M&G Global Dividend Fund
Get the advantage of going global
Dividend investing works. Over the long term, companies that have consistently increased their dividends, wherever they are in the world, have generally been rewarded by above-average share-price performance.
Although income investing via equities is well established in the UK, we believe that investing globally can present greater opportunities to find stocks that are growing their dividends.
The fund was launched in July 2008 and seeks to maximise total return (capital growth as well as income) by investing in companies around the world that consistently increase their dividends. However, unlike many of his peers, Citywire A rated Fund Manager Stuart Rhodes does not chase high dividend yield alone. He believes that a high yield is often a sign of a company in trouble or with limited growth potential. Instead, he scours the globe for well-run companies that can deliver long-term dividend growth. The compounding of those rising dividends over time will make a huge difference to returns.
So if you’re keen on maximising long-term total returns, you could choose a fund that seeks to offer increasing dividend distributions, as well as long-term capital growth, such as the M&G Global Dividend Fund.
Why you should invest in this fund:
- The M&G Global Dividend Fund is ranked in the top 5% of the IMA Global sector since its launch in July 2008.
- Dividend investing can deliver capital growth as well as income.
- Stuart aims to deliver a dividend yield above the market average.
- The fund’s global mandate offers more investment opportunities as well as geographic diversity.
- Stuart selects stocks with different dividend characteristics so that the fund can outperform in a variety of market conditions.