We are one of the UK’s largest investment managers with over £228 billion of assets under management (as at 31 December 2012).
Expertise across the three principal asset classes
- Equities – we run £57.9 billion in equities (as at 31 December 2012) on behalf of retail and institutional clients. Our reach extends to more than 90% of the world’s equity markets. M&G is one the largest active managers of UK equities.
- Fixed income – managing more than £141.1 billion of fixed income assets (as at 31 December 2012), M&G is one of the biggest bond investors in the City of London. Its team of more than 70 credit analysts covers the full range of fixed income securities.
- Commercial property – PRUPIM a subsidiary of M&G and one of Europe’s largest property management companies with over 140 years’ experience.
M&G is one of the oldest investment management firms in the UK, having served clients for more than 80 years. We launched the UK's first mutual fund in 1931.
Record of innovation
As well as launching the first mutual fund, M&G has also been first in many other related fields:
- 1954 – first regular Savings Plan
- 1964 – first equity income fund
- 1969 – first recovery fund
- 1971 – first Japan equity fund
- 1976 – first commodities fund
- 1994 – first corporate bond fund
- 1998 – first high-yield bond fund
M&G has a relentless focus on investment performance over the long-term. We believe that superior performance is delivered by independent thinking and an individualistic approach to investment. Integrity and conviction are our watchwords.
We also believe in open and regular communication with our clients.
Our investment professionals
We seek to recruit, nurture and retain some of the best investment talent in the industry. On average an M&G investment professional stays with the group for 10 years. Individual managers are supported by an infrastructure tailored to their needs including:
- Equity and credit research
- Portfolio strategy services
- Risk management
- Portfolio analysts